Re: Oracle8 partitions and joins question.

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:58:47 +0800

Hi,

There will be some cost in performing the 'partition elimination' portion of the SQL execution path, but this will not be to painful, and a lot less painful than scanning the data blocks associated with a smaller number of partitions.

I am not to sure about the partition index, but I do believe that you will be able to use parallel query to number crunch your way through with the local index.

Rgds
Andrew