Re: Errors when None - Solution found - Thanks

From: Stephen C <schafe_at_mtt.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 12:09:16 -0300

rtproffitt_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Did you try
> SHOW ERRORS PACKAGE packagename
> SHOW ERRORS FUNCTION fname
> SHOW ERRORS PROCEDURE pname
> etc....
> explicitly describing WHAT to show errors for.
>
> I had a problem where errors would only show if I did
> this. Just SHOW ERROR <cr> would not work.
>
> Robert Proffitt

Thanks Robert,

Yes I ran into that as well and figured out to specify the PACKAGE or FUNCTION
however when I did that the errors shown made no sense and were for lines that
did not exist as code lines ?????????

What I discovered as a solution was that I had to load the SPEC section and BODY
sections seperately into the SQLPLUS utility, and do the RUN for each one on it's
own and in sequence.

BTW I was using Oracle 7.3. When we load the procedure into Oracle 8.0 there
was no errors and the package was built fine (okay there was one minor error -
but the parser found that as I did too). The SET LINESIZE was just something I
through into the example to show what a simple thing I was trying to do.

Not sure what is wrong with the SQLPLUS utility in this way, but I guess Oracle
fixed it. Still it was frustrating, Grrrrrr..........

Thank Guys

Stephen Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 10:09:16 CDT