Re: Any way to identify specific rows that are locked?

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 6:20:13 +0200

On Wed, 12 May 1999 17:30:04 +0200, Keith D Gregory wrote (in message <37399E7B.AB71E17A_at_inconcert.com>):

> We are experiencing a problem with distributed transactions; when one client
> crashes, it apparently holds locks that the others (not in the same
> transaction) need to acquire. The only problem is that there's no reason for
> these clients to be waiting on one another.
>
> Looking at V$LOCK, we can see what appear to be shared row locks, which is
> to be expected. However, a shared row lock shouldn't block the other
> operations.
>
> So, we're trying to find out which locks are being held and requested, at a
> row level, to try and identfy what's happening.
>
> Seems there should be a view to do this somewhere, but it doesn't appear to
> be documented. Anyone know of one?
>
> -kdg

Hi Keith,

At the moment you have waiters for a row, you might find the rowid of the table in v$session (object_id, file#, block#) enough to find the exact row. I forgot the exact column names but that will be clear enough.

maybe it helps,
--
Ronald - Unix SA
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/professional.html