How to determine uniqueness in PL/SQL

From: Ruiping Gao <ruiping_at_dpiwe.tas.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 15:56:40 +1100

I have a table which has combination of columns as the table's primary key. When ever people want to insert records into table, I would like create a trigger to check if it is duplicated records according to my combination primary key. If it's duplicated records, the system will refuse to accept the records, otherwise the new records can be in. But I don't know how to do it? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Ruiping

e_mail:ruiping_at_dpiwe.tas.gov.au Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 23:56:40 CDT