ORA-01013 user requested cancel of current operation

From: Martin Strandgard <m.strandgard_at_landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:40:47 +1000

Help.

I have Oracle 8 personal edition connected via the Oracle ODBC driver to VB5. When I try "Delete from Some_Table" in VB and the table has thousands rather than hundreds of records (not sure of the exact critical number of recs) I get the error message:

"ORA-01013 user requested cancel of current operation."

In the Oracle help, this has the following meaning:

"Cause The user interrupted an Oracle operation by entering CTRL-C,
Control-C, or another canceling operation. This forces the current operation to end. This is an informational message only. "

However, the same SQL statement run from SQLPlus works with no problems.

I would *guess* that there is some user definable limit being exceeded.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

TIA, Martin Strandgard Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 19:40:47 CDT