Re: Visual Basic using Oracle 8i

From: Rich Vernick - UUNet <rvernick_at_notre.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:49:46 -0500

Do you want a MUCH better development environment? Look at using Inprise's Delphi and two 3rd party components: Direct Oracle Access (by Allround Automation) and Infopower4 (I forget the author). Seamless interaction with Oracle and no mid-tier layer (ODBC, etc..); pure access with OCI. Simple but awesome interface and component use.

if you're using oracle as a backend, you NEED to look at this.

(I'm not associated with any of the companies listed above)

Rich