Stored function question

From: PMG <pete_g_at_2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:32:06 GMT

I am trying to replace queries with complicated where clauses such as

    select count(*) from customers where fieldA = 'a' and fieldB = 'b' or fieldC = 'c' ...

with a stored function somehow, so that the query would read as

    select count(*) from customers where Is_Preferred_Customer

Can someone give me pointers or some sample code on how to to this? Should I pass the customer_id to the function Is_Preferred_Customer?

TIA Pete Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 10:32:06 CDT