Re: DBA_LOCKs view not found

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:45:59 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Antony Ma <antony_ma_at_hotmail.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 12 May 1999 16:36:09 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi
> I am studying locking in order to prepare DBA exam.
> But I cannot find DBA_LOCKS view in a O8 on Linux.
> What can I do?
> Is there something wrong with my installation?
>
>Thanks
>
>Antony

you need to run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catblock.sql in svrmgrl when connected as the user SYS or INTERNAL.

that will create this and other lock/block views.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

--
Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 05:45:59 CDT