Re: Urgent!!! Oracle and DB2 Connectivity

From: Bill Manry <BManry_at_nomail.us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 02:46:33 GMT

On 11 May 1999 11:53:32 GMT, "dloader4" <arul@ cheerful.com> wrote:
>I have Oracle 8.04 running on HP-UX. I need to access certain tables on the
>DB2 running on S/390 from Oracle. A user running reports needs to get
>information from both Oracle and DB2 tables. Once again Oracle need to read
>certain tables from DB2.
>Has some one worked on similar issues? How can this be achieved? Can a link
>be created? and if so how ? What is the best way to have this transparent
>to the user ?

Either Oracle Transparent Gateway for DRDA (runs on HP-UX, Solaris, et al) or Oracle T.G. for DB2/MVS (runs on OS/390) will make DB2 look like another Oracle database i.e. accessible via a database link. Your Oracle rep can supply details.

Bill Manry - IBM Products Division - Oracle Corp. USA These are my opinions, not Oracle's. Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 21:46:33 CDT