Re: How to get OS Name from Oracle Database?

From: Satar <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 20:02:26 GMT

In article <7gtsip$cvf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   kalamangi_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Is it possible to get the Operating System(OS) name(such as Solaris,
AIX,
> HP-UX etc..) from the oracle database on which it is running?

==----------
> http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your
Own

SVRMGR> startup open
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area       4508836 bytes
Fixed Size                       39816 bytes
Variable Size                  4051228 bytes
Database Buffers                409600 bytes
Redo Buffers                      8192 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.
SVRMGR> !uname -a
SunOS jeffm 5.6 Generic_105181-12 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10 SVRMGR>
--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
"Opinions are the result of the voices in my head only, and do not reflect my employer or Oracle Corporation."

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 15:02:26 CDT