(ACCESS -> SQL SERVER) -> ORACLE8i (switching ODBC. help.)

From: Brad Pybus <brad_pybus_nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:25:09 GMT

I have a bunch of tables in MS Access '97 that are linked via a Microsoft ODBC driver to MS SQL server. I want to iterate through the tabledefs and change the ODBC connection to an Oracle8i database which contains all the same tables.

Basically, I want to do this:

    Dim tdfDef as tabledef

   For Each tdfDef In CurrentDb.TableDefs

            If (tdfDef.Attributes And dbAttachedODBC) Then
                tdfDef.Connect =
"ODBC;DSN=MYDSN;DBQ=MYDBQ;DBA=W;UID=USERID;PWD=PASSWORD;DATABASE=;"
                tdfDef.RefreshLink
            endif

    next tdfDef

I keep getting the error message:

The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'MyTableName'. Make sure the object exists and that you spells its name and the path name correctly.

The DSN that I am specifying is an Oracle ODBC driver.

If I delete the table manually and manually link in the table, it connects just fine. But I notice that it concatenates the schema name in front of the table name ("SCHEMENAME_TABLENAME"). For my iteration above, I even tried renaming the tabledef name to concatenate the SCHEMENAME before the table name hoping that it would be able to find the table in Oracle. That did not work either.

Somebody please help. BTW, what does the "DBA=W" part of the connect string mean?

Brad

--
To reply to me, remove the "_nospam" from my address. Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 11:25:09 CDT