Re: Using Packages in Oracle forms

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:51:16 +0100

In article <01be9b87$2f068800$190114c1_at_sister.grant.UUCP>, Alexander I. Doroshko <aid_at_grant.kharkov.ua> writes
>Forms 4.5 triggers use PL/SQL 1.??, which doesn't
>understand functions in DML statements.

Thanks, I've just found a reference in Oracle Book/Forms Doc Set/Forms Developers Guide/Chapter 18: Using PL/SQL in Oracle Forms

"Note: Functions cannot be used in DML statements. You can achieve the same result by assigning the return value of the function to a local variable, and then referencing the variable in the DML statement. "

--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request