Re: Problems using windows NT networking authentication

From: Rich Goldkamp <rich_goldkamp_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 18:31:56 GMT

OOPS -- Should have checked myself before replying. Setting remote_os_authent=true is NOT necessary, and in fact, can create an unwanted security hole.

My apologies,
Rich

In article <7h76pk$bdm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Rich Goldkamp <rich_goldkamp_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
> Did you remember to set the parameter
>
> remote_os_authent = true
>
> ??
>
> Cheers,
> Rich
>
> In article <ug154q53t.fsf_at_us.oracle.com>,
> Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:
> > "Evert J. Smit" <e.smit_at_caiw.nl> writes:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to connect the users at the office with the same password
as
> they
> > > connect to the domain server.
> > > I'm using version Oracle 8.0.4.0.0.
> > > What I've tried allready is:
> > > * added the line OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = "" in the init file.
> > Good.
> >
> > > * added the line SQLNET.AUTHENTICATIONS_SERVICES = (NTS) in the
> sqlnet.ora
> > > file. (There is another line called
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES =
> > > (SECUREID) which was allready in the sqlnet.ora file).
> > This is probably the cause of the problem. Since there are two
> entries in the
> > file, Oracle took the first entry. Since you are not using SecurID
> connect,
> > the connection will fail.
> >
> > > * created a user with Sqlplus under the system account with:
create

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 13:31:56 CDT