Re: Should I use max()

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:57:32 -0400

Hi Ray,

    I suggest that you use an Oracle Sequence. You can find a good description of their
benefits and limitations in either your SQL Language Reference Manual or your SQL*Plus Language Reference Manual (depending on which version of Oracle you are running).

    With over 100 users the probability of performance degradation when using the MAX function is very high.

regards

Jerry Gitomer