Re: ignoring constraints

From: Frans Hovenkamp <Dieze_at_popin.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:16:33 +0200

Rafe Colburn heeft geschreven in bericht <373648CC.B4FA7B05_at_rc3.org>...
> Is there any way to ignore integrity constraints for a particular
>query? For example, let's say I've created a foreign key relationship
>between two tables, A and B. Is there any way to ignore that
>relationship so that I can drop table B without first deleting all the
>interdependent records? I run into a similar problem with
>
>DELETE FROM B
>
>and
>
>TRUNCATE TABLE B
>
> Also, can anyone tell me the syntax used to remove constraints from
>tables using the ALTER TABLE command?

> Finally, is there any easy way to view the constraints on a table =
using
>SQL*PLUS?
To delete parendt records without first deleting child records you = should first use the DISABLE command.
To get information on your constraints:SELECT * FROM USER_CONSTRAINTS. Frans H. Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 05:16:33 CDT