Re: DROP TABLE in STORED PROCEDURES

From: Sanjaya ganesh <sganesh_at_apple.com>
Date: 9 May 1999 23:15:21 -0500

Hello,

                I think these are clearly mentioned in Oracle manuals.

  1. you cannot directly execute any DDL from your stored procedure. Even if you are any super DBA this wont be allowed unless you use dynamic sql package dbms_sql or EXECUTE_DDL command. Try out these.
  2. If you are granted DBA by role, still you wont be able to do this, because you need explicit permissions on the table and not any privileges granted by ROLE. I guess, this is also very clearly mentioned in Oracle administrators guide.

Hope this helps
Sanjay