HELP! Oracle 7.3.3 and IIS Version 4 web server - URGENT!

From: Mathew Ankney <walt-mat_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:16:59 -0500

We are running 7.3.3 oracle (on NT4.0 with SP4), and running a separate web server (NT4.0 w SP4), running Microsoft IIS4.

The problem arises with active server pages and "poor" SQL's. I've noticed on an improperly formed SQL that it will not return anything back to the webserver/client browser. the server must be rebooted. Its easy to debug small pages with few SQL's, but our programmers have 3000 line pages with hundreds of SQL's. I know I can use the dynamic performance tables to view what SQL's are being run (v$sql_text et al). I was wondering - is there a dynamic table that stores the Oracle return code from the SQL being processed ?

The final solution will be to update our MDAC on IIS4, when we go to Oracle 8i - however, that is not an option for 6 months, and we can't upgrade to 7.3.4, so we are still at the level 2 ODBC drivers (2.5.)

Thanks in advance!

M. Ankney
email mankney_at_juno.com Received on Sat May 08 1999 - 20:16:59 CDT