Re: Trigger Question

From: Prabhakar Narayanan <prabhakar.narayanan_at_clsasia.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 15:30:45 +0800

Hi

Since you are using an Oracle trigger for that operation, the whole transaction is considered as one operation and the COMMIT will occur only when all the records are successfully inserted.

If your system experiences problems any errors while inserting records into T2 table, then your transaction in T1 will not be committed.

Therefore you can safely say, as long as you see a 'commit complete', the operation has successfully completed in T1 & T2.

Hope this helps