MSSQL TSQL to Oracle PL/SQL

From: Mio-Nino P. Marquez <mio.marquez_at_mailcity.com.nospam>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 10:31:58 +0800

Hi.

Can somebody please give me the equivalent of these MSSQL TSQL in Oracle PL/SQL:  DECLARE
@TableName VarChar(30),
@CustomerKey VarChar(20)

 SELECT @TableName = 'CUSTOMER'
 SELECT @CustomerKey = 'Oracle'

 EXECUTE('INSERT INTO ' + @TableName + ' VALUES (' + @CustomerKey + ')')

Basically, all I wanted to do is to dynamically create the SQL statement, with variables replacing what's supposed to be an object (i.e. Table's name, Column's Name)....

Please help.

Thanks.

Mio Marquez
Delphi Developer Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 21:31:58 CDT