Trigger Question

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 23:09:28 GMT

Hello,

Are you good at Triggers? Here is my situation:

I have two tables (T1 & T2) in a distributed network environment. When a record is inserted into T1, then a trigger will fire off and insert that same record into T2, which is located on a different server belonging to a different department.

Now, they want this to be a one way communication only. We are not to query from then, only insert into their table.

I need to know the result of the insert statement. If it is success or fails, I need to update a status field on my table (T1). However, I've been told that when a trigger fires off, the commit occurs AFTER the trigger is complete.

If this is true, how will I know whether or not the commit was successful? Also, how will I ever find the record I just inserted?

Can someone help?

Thanks, please e-mail response.

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 18:09:28 CDT