Restore Hot Backup from PROD to TEST

From: <stephane_bouchard_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 18:10:46 -0400

Hi,

We are currently using Oracle on Windows Nt, and i have a scheduled job that run every day and take an online backup of the database and the control files. We want to create a TEST environmenent from the hot backup, and it has to be created on the same server. Can someone point me on how to do this ( a procedure to follow or a web site which contains informations), i did it several time with a cold backup and everything worked fine, but now it always give me an error of
'ORA-01503 Create Control file failed'
'ORA-01200 actual file size of 7040 is smaller than correct size of 93440
blocks.' I did looked everywhere but it is not documented so please i need help.

Many thanks in advance. Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 17:10:46 CDT