Re: sqlplus question

From: Mike Rose <mmrose_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 20:48:20 GMT

Hi Johan,

You need to use the following:

SET PAU[SE] {OFF|ON|text}

Allows you to control scrolling of your terminal when running reports. ON causes SQL*Plus to pause at the beginning of each page of report output. You must press [Return] after each pause. The text you enter specifies the text to be displayed each time SQL*Plus pauses. If you enter multiple words, you must enclose text in single quotes.
You can embed terminal-dependent escape sequences in the PAUSE command. These sequences allow you to create inverse video messages or other effects on terminals that support such characteristics.

You can toggle the 'more' behavior after you set the pause text with SET PAUSE ON or SET PAUSE OFF.

Mike Rose

mmrose_at_home.com