Swap space on Solaris

From: Pascale Marois <pascalem_at_total.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:17:27 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am very very junior with Oracle and Unix. Last week, people here upgraded OS from 5.5.1 to 5.6 on Solaris 2.6. Before that, we were able to have more than 200 processes with only 512M of swap space. Since the upgrade, we were unable to have more than 65 processes. We had to add a 2G disk for the swap space. Is this normal? We cannot explain this enormous amount of swap space required. We would like to reduce it. What can we do? Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 12:17:27 CDT