Question RE: GRANTS

From: <NeedaHoliday>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 13:59:37 GMT

I am responsible for implementing exception handling in a system. My problem is, I have been working with the Oracle administrator trying to create Oracle problems that can be trapped by the program logic. We thought this would be a simple task but we are having problems creating the test environment.

Scenerio

All access to the tables has been revoked and all synonms removed. If we enter the online system, the system cannot be used. If we enter SQLPLUS and query the tables, all access is revoked. So far so good. If I EXEC a procedure from the SQL command line, the routine goes ahead and performs the task. The tables are queried and updated. The administrator has revoke all access except the EXEC function. Not so good.

Can anyone tell us, why the EXEC has access when we believe it should not.

Thanks in advance.

james.stewart_at_nospamPWGSC.GC.CA

Please remove nospam to email. Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 08:59:37 CDT