Re: what is "source compressed" & "wrapped"

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:46:44 -0400

Talk nicely to your DBA. Find out what kind of chocolate|beer|T-shirts are needed to bribe your DBA ;-)

If this is a production system there is a high probability that compressing and
wrapping are being used to protect the source code from unauthorized modification.

regards

Jerry Gitomer (Oracle DBA)

careypj_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7gqjdv$g36$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>I'm trying to create some stored procedures and notice that our Oracle db
has
>several that are compressed & wrapped. It appears that this prevents me
from
>reviewing the code/sql.
>
>Is there a way around this & is this some method to protect the source
code?

>Once my stored procedure is finished, I might like to compress & wrap it.
How