"IF" equivilent in SQL select?????

From: Vickie Jones <vjones1_at_nci2000.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:05:06 -0400

Is there a function(?) that would be the equivilent to an "IF" statment that can be used in a select statment? Below is a sample of what I am trying to do and the results:

analyze index ccdbp.ALARMS_CODES_KEY validate structure; col key_name format A50
select 'ALARMS_CODES_KEY' as key_name,del_lf_rows/lf_rows "Ratio" from index_stats;

ERROR:
ORA-01476: divisor is equal to zero

What I need is an "if" statement that says if lf_rows is 0 (zero) set 'del_lf_rows/lf_rows' to 0 (zero). I want to eliminate this error when I analyze my indexes.

Thanks in advance!
Vickie Jones
Republic Engineered Steels, Inc.
Canton, OH Received on Thu May 06 1999 - 08:05:06 CDT