Oracle ODBC driver problems

From: <shielsy6791_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 07:13:27 GMT

Platform: WinNT sp 4
Compiler: Visual 6

Hello,

Has anyone else had problems with the Oracle ODBC drivers. I have a problem that when I do a simple SELECT * FROM SOME_TABLE and then Free the Statement handle I get the error "Function sequence error". Strangely enough I do not this error with the Microsoft Oracle driver. The only way to avoid this error is to call COMMIT or ROLLBACK (SQLTransact) after doing a SELECT which is rediculous. I cannot use the Microsoft driver because it doesn't support the SELECT FOR UPDATE query.

At the moment, I am planning to upgrade my driver from 8.0.3.0 to 8.0.5.0 and after asking Oracle they said that to upgrade I will have to purchase a complete Oracle Client! Even worse they said that the driver may not even fix my problems.

Has anyone else has problems with the Oracle driver - similar to what I'm having. Also, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me whether the new driver will actually fix my problems?

Thanks,
Andy Shiels