Table Question

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 02:43:15 GMT

Hello,

I have a question about inserting data into tables. We have two tables.....one is production, and the other are transactions that need to be inserted into production.

However, the production table has many constraints on it. And, it has a sequence on it.

So, my question is: When I insert the records, I get a unique constraint error on the sequence number. How can I insert these records and have the sequence work correctly? This transaction table has sequence numbers that must conflict with the production table.

Also, when I export a table, have can I not export the constraints so when I import it I do not get all the errors if the object exists?

Any help would be appreciated.

Please e-mail a copy of your response.

Thanks,

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 21:43:15 CDT