Re: cache table vs. indexed table, and multiblock reads

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:56:18 -0400

Hi Sweth,

I can't answer the first question for you so I won't try.

As far as the best setting for multiblock reads .... The books don't mention a specific value because it is operating system dependent. You should set it so that

db_file_multiblock_read_count x db_block_size = OS read size

(the number of bytes the OS will read at a time)

regards

Jerry Gitomer