Re: Developer 2000 2.0 with Personal Oracle 8

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.ee>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 15:31:48 +0300

antonio.scotto_at_cselt.it wrote:

> I've installed Personal Oracle 8 (trial version) then Developer 2000
> 2.0 (trial version).
> Now I run Form Builder and try to connect: I try 'scott/tiger' or
> 'po8/po8' as user/password and 'local' or <empty> as database, but I
> have always the same result: the program goes to 'not responding'.
> Since Developer 2000 2.0 has been created for Oracle Server 7 (am I
> wrong?), is it incompatible with Personal Oracle 8?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help

I have never used PO before, but:
-Have you set up your repository database correctly, I mean, can you connect to the database via sql*plus or server manager? Installing Oracle isn't enough, you have to create (and start) a database too. Of course, there is a option to create the default database during installation.
-Have you runned necessary scripts and created roles and users needed for des2000?
-Have you imported repository tables and other stuff to the database?

Anyway, Des2000 is compatible with Oracle8, so me thinks, that it should be compatible with PO too.

Cheers,
Juhan Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 07:31:48 CDT