HOW TO DISPLAY BFILE TYPE IMAGES IN WEBDB

From: John Akright <akrighjb_at_ci.richmond.va.us>
Date: 5 May 1999 16:19:46 GMT

I'm trying to get a Form in Webdb to work w/ images stored as BFILE datatypes.
Has anyone done this?

At Oracles Support Site they have a doc Prob# 1063662.6 WEBDB: HOW TO FETCH IMAGE FILE IN DATABASE &
DISPLAY ON FORM. They state you have to change column to DISPLAY TYPE as IMAGE in
COLUMN FORMATTING AND VALIDATION step of the FORM BUILDER .

This did not work.

Do I have to create the form as a "Form based on a Procedure" and use the DBMS_LOB package to
read the image, or maybe store the image in the database as a BLOB?

If anyone has done this I would very very much appreciative it if they could share their code, or at least specify how they did it.

Thanks very much.
John Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 11:19:46 CDT