Re: Oracle ODBC Connection

From: Barth Siemens <nospam_at_uniserve.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 15:00:48 GMT

On Sat, 1 May 1999 13:08:24 -0500, "Shiva Nadarajah" <shadaraj_at_cs.uah.edu> wrote:

>I want to install Oralce 8 on a Solaris Machine. How do I establish an ODBC
>connection to the database ?
>
>I was able to do this when I had Oracle 8 on NT. I used the Net8 Config and
>then set up a DSN on the machine.

This is easier than you might think. Install the Windows client software for Oracle8 on each machine that you want to configure for ODBC and configure TNSNAMES.ORA to point to the instance on the Solaris -- or any other -- machine. Make sure that it works with tnsping80, and setup ODBC in the same way that you did previously. --
Barth Siemens
Change the email address from nospam to bsiemens. Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 10:00:48 CDT