Using ADO Refresh against an ORACLE Database to get Parameters info for a Stored procedure(s)

From: Mark Bate <mark.bate_at_rad-group.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 10:13:19 +0100

I have been informed that using the ADO refresh method against an Oracle database to query a stored procedures parameter information is very very slow, does anybody out there have any real world experience of what sort of hit is envolved ??

I am thinking on the lines of a one off hit to populate an array/collection of the parameters for each stored procedure at application startup and then hold these cached rather than querying each time the SP is fired

Any thoughts/shared experience would be appreciated..

replys to Newsgroup and or mark.bate_at_rad-group.com

cheers Received on Wed May 05 1999 - 04:13:19 CDT