TAPI-BUG? Designer 2.1.2

From: Didier Riesthuis <Didier.Riesthuis_at_wkap.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 15:39:27 +0200

Hi,
I'm a designer 2.1.2 user working with the web-generator and I have a question...
The generated 'ins' procedure of a TAPI is build up like this:
(1)Constant default values
(2)Application_logic Pre-Insert
(3)Defaulted
(4)Auto-generated and uppercased columns
(5)INSERT INTO . . .
(6)slct(cg$rec);
(7)Application logic Post-Insert

The problem I bumped into is that I have to do an insert on a table on
(2) but default values are filled AFTER the pre-insert has been
finished. Is this a bug or should the pre-insert be called pre-set-default-values-before-executing-the-INSERT-INTO-statement? Another one: nothing can come between (5)and (6), so post-insert should be called post-slct or something.
Is this a bug, does somebody knows a workaround, is there a patch?

NOTE: I try to avoid post-generation!

If somebody knows an answer, please mail to

Didier.Riesthuis_at_wkap.nl

Kind regards,

Didier Riesthuis Received on Tue May 04 1999 - 08:39:27 CDT