Re: Delphi TTable-component

From: Chris Schaeffer <c_schaef_at_rem.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 10:25:42 +0200

Hi,

The delphi TTable is made to use with dBase/Paradox tables. For Oracle and other client/server systems it is much better to use TQuery and TStoredProc.
If you use TTable all the searching for de right data is be done on the client machine, it's like select * from mytable. If you use a good sql statement in a TQuery the server sends only the small dataset you askt for. like:
select Field1, Field2 from mytable
where ID = 150000
don't worry about indexes in your delphi application, Oracle chooses the best index itself. (of course the must be available on de database) Use TStoredProc for functions and procedures in your database.

Chris

Hans Demedts heeft geschreven in bericht <7gfdfn$j10$1_at_news1.skynet.be>...