Re: Rownum

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 19:37:06 +0100

One possible approach is to create a transient table for the results, and number each row as it goes into the table. Then you can select rows by the rownumber you have created.

Obviously it is not very desirable to keep creating and dropping tables, although 'create as select unrecoverable' is not too heavy on redo, so ..

You could keep a set of permanent tables, and log of current state, and allocate a table to a session etc, only creating a new table if you run short, and perhaps de-allocating a table from a session if the log shows the session to be over 24 hours since last action.

--

Jonathan Lewis