Personal Oracle 8 & Developer/2000

From: <uytterhoeven_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 10:39:59 GMT

Hi,

I've downloaded the trial products 'Personal Oracle 8' and Deloper/2000 v.2. When I installed PO8 I guess everything worked fine. I could access the database with SQL*Plus with account/password (SCOTT/TIGER) and no connectionstring. I now want to use Developer/2000 but I'm not sure which bits I have to install so I installed everything. When I tried to create a form linked to Personal Oracle then it seems that using just the account and password don't work. If i have to use a connection string which one would it be? Do i have to do something with ODBCAdmin and how? What about SQL*Net? ETC..... Please help getting my developer tools connected to my local databse?

THANKS!!!!!!! Uytterhoeven Walter