Svgmgrl Question

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 04:38:52 GMT

Hello,

I have a couple of questions. First, I recently set up a new instance. In fact, if anyone is familar with the Oracle 7 DBA Handbook, I was trying to create that monitoring database in Chapter 6.

At any rate, after creating the instance, I tried to run a SQL script and got some weird errors like: '

Unable to load package Standard' or
'Error accessing package DBMS_INFO_PACKAGE'

What does all this crap mean and how do I get rid of it?

Also, one of the Unix scripts for this project looks like this:

svrmgrl <<EOF
connect internal
startup;
!sqlplus / @inserts
shutdown
EOF However, I get some erros about not being able to execute the sql script inserts.sql. Is there something weird about launching sql*plus from within server manager????

Thanks for your help,

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us Received on Sun May 02 1999 - 23:38:52 CDT