Re: How to get/set character set?

From: EBR <11eebr13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 12:58:18 GMT

I found an undocumented and unsupported way to change the character set and it worked fine in Oracle 8.0.5.

The command

update sys.props$ set
  value$ = 'WE8ISO8859P1'
  where name = 'NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET' OR

        name = 'NLS_CHARACTERSET'

does the work. I had US7ASCII as character set and changed to WEISO. Of course, I took a backup before doing the change. In case of a disaster....

EBR
** Please remove the primes to get my real e-mail Received on Sun May 02 1999 - 07:58:18 CDT