newbie question

From: <setwhite_at_indiana.edu>
Date: Sat, 01 May 1999 23:50:50 GMT

Hello everyone,
I have this table: CREATE TABLE data(salary int); can someone give me an idea of how large i can let this table grow, and still have it fit in a single block of memory?

this is an academic (read college) problem, which explains why the table has no key.

I have to do a complexity analysis that depends on the system being able to get the whole table in one memory access.

I dont need to know the absolute largest number of records that will fit in one block, just a really big number that will definetly fit.

can anyone suggest a big number?

thanks alot,
seth white
setwhite_at_indiana.edu