Re: SQL*PLUS afiedt.buf

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 1 May 1999 03:34:06 GMT

g.renfrew_at_acca.org.uk wrote:
: our development team run the Oracle executables from an NT server.
: Occassionally while using SQL*Plus 3.3.3.0.0 they edit a script and the
: afiedt.buf will appear with someone elses code already in it. Where should
: the adiedt.buf be stored? Locally? Where can I change where it gets picked
: up from.

This has happended where I work. It seems that if SQL*Plus finds a afiedt.buf anywhere in the SQL_PATH, then it will put the file in that location. Everyones SQL_PATH includes our runtime directory. Someone had been editing in that directory (which is a no-no) and accidentally created the buffer file. Once we deleted the file, everything was ok one buffer file was created in the users current directory.

Later,
Steven
--

                 _|_  |  _|_   "I am the way and the truth and the life.
                  | --|-- |     No one comes to the Father except through
Steven Whatley    |   |   |      me.  If you really knew me, you would
Houston, Texas        |           know my Father as well.  From now on,
swhatley_at_blkbox.com   |            you do know him and have seen him."
http://www.blkbox.com/~swhatley/        -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6-7 NIV)