Re: MSORCL32.DLL v2.573 Problem

From: Robert Clore <robert.clore_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:14:50 GMT

Thanks for responding.

Actually the problem you mention is a different one that we also have and use the same solution as you. Apparently, it has been around even longer and was a problem even with the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle v2.73 that came with ADO 1.5. See more comments below.

Long Integer Problem:
My problem is when I do a pass through query from Access with a COUNT or Sequence where the field to receive the returned value is set up on the fly as a 16 bit Integer instead of a 32 bit long Integer. This was not a problem with the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle v 2.73 that came with ADO 1.5

More on the floating point problem:
I've had to fight a long hard battle with my programmers to get them away from fixed point, so I don't even want them to try fixed point. However, I think it did work with ver 2.73.

Here's a copy of a note I got over on the Microsoft news groups.

.....This is a known bug. I have been in contact with Microsoft about it and one
of the technicians said she would post my solution to the problem. Basically, you just need to use an ODBCDirect workspace and the type will be identified as dbDecimal instead of dbInteger. I assume you are having a problem with a column of type NUMBER, no precision or scale spec'd right? ....

Thanks,
Bob.