triggers

From: stephanie <scappello_at_ee.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:40:02 -0400

I am trying to create an Oracle db with an Access interface. I created the db in Access first to ensure tables and relationships worked and would query and create forms I needed. Now that it works I have created the tables in Oracle. I linked the oracle db to the Access db via ODBC. I copied and paste append the data from the original db into the linked Oracle db. Now for the hard part. I am trying to create the autonumber by using sequences and triggers in Oracle. the syntax for the trigger is as follows: create or replace trigger BIU_GA_Applicant before insert or update of Applicant_Number ON GA_Applicant
for each row
Begin
 If inserting then
   select SEQ_Applicant_number.NextVal into
:new.Applicant_NUmber from dual;

 Elseif updating then
:new.Applicant_Number:= :old.Applicant_Number;
 End if
End

Afterwards I get warning:trigger created with compilation errors. When I type SHOW ERRORS it returns
no errors.

Any suggestions? I have been searching for answers for weeks. I appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.
scappello_at_ee.gatech.edu Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 16:40:02 CDT