Re: Multiple connections

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:55:29 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Nick Bull" <nick_at_imat.demon.co.uk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:24:35 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi.,
>
>Can anyone tell me, if you have 25 DIFFERENT users connected at once, are
>the memory and system resources the same as if you have 25 OF THE SAME user
>connected at once (ie 25 users all using the same username).

*probably* but not necessarily. the differences will be in the shared pool usage and the block buffer cache only. (there will be more dictionary stuff to cache for 25 users for example)..

the other normal memory and system resources will be the same.

Use 25 different usernames if at all possible. the differences will be marginal at best and the ability to see who is logged in out weighs any perceive benefits of a single username.

>Cheers,
>
>Nick.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Apr 30 1999 - 09:55:29 CDT