Re: Security at the field level

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:20:58 GMT

As far as I know, at least thru v7.3 the, only way to enforce field level security is through the use of views...

Create a view that only contains the fields the user is allowed to see ( or manipulate ) and grant access to the view, not the underlying table...

This way, the user only can access those fields....create separate views for each level of access you want to control....