Acessing LONG field

From: Steven Lévesque <steven.levesque_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:20:56 -0400

I need to acess a substring contained in a field defined as LONG. Since the SUBSTR or any other String functions won't work with LONG, how can I access the data?

Information on any method, even using a transfer to a temporary table would be appreciated.

I'm working on Oracle 7.3.4 Workgroup Server on Windows NT with SQL*Plus and PL/SQL. Thanks,

Steven Lévesque
steven.levesque_at_videotron.ca Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 23:20:56 CDT