Re: Make package bodies visible

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 00:47:48 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:24:19 +0200, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to let the development team of our company see the packages which
>have been installed in a production environment, but I don't want them to be
>able to change them, so a 'grant create any procedure' is out of the
>question.
>
>How would I give them read-only access to package bodies?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gerard

you could grant them select on DBA_SOURCE and then they can see all source.

You could look at the view definition for DBA_SOURCE (read it out of the database) and modify it to let them see only the schema(s) that have code you want them to see and create a view just for them.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Apr 29 1999 - 19:47:48 CDT