Fragmentation question.

From: Abhimanyu Parasher <aparashe_at_numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 29 Apr 1999 20:51:54 GMT

Hi!

   Thanks for reading this. I need an urgent help to understand the concept of data fragmentation in the case of ORACLE.

What does Horizontal fragmentation mean in the case of ORACLE? Does it mean that we hold separate copies of fragmented tables in different databases ? Because, if it is like that then the constraint policy of Primary key wouldn't hold good on such kind of data. So, what actually it means ?

Please reply asap.

Thanks

Abhimanyu Parasher