Re: Numeric Output problem with 'MS ODBC Driver to Oracle'/Access'97/Oracle

From: Edward A. Geddis <egeddis_at_openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:53:31 GMT

Ly,

This seems to be a limitation of the data type for the field:

Setting                             Description
Decimal precision      Storage size
Byte                                 Stores numbers from 0 to 255 (no
fractions).                                                   None
1 byte
Integer                             Stores numbers from -32,768 to 32,767
(no fractions).                                 None
2 bytes
Long Integer (Default) Stores numbers from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647
(no fractions).       None                            4 bytes
Single                             Stores numbers from -3.402823E38
to -1.401298E-45 for negative
                                        values and from 1.401298E-45 to
3.402823E38 for positive values.
7 4 bytes
Double                           Stores numbers from -1.79769313486231E308
                                        -4.94065645841247E-324 for negative
values and from
                                        1.79769313486231E308 to
4.94065645841247E-324 for positive
                                        values.
15 8 bytes
Replication ID               Globally unique identifier (GUID)
N/A                               16 bytes

--
Thanks,

Edward A. Geddis
Technical Support Consultant