SAS to Oracle Connectivity

From: S. Mishra <sqmishra_at_banet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:09:45 GMT

Hi All,

I have two questions for which I will need to provide some background. This is not my field of expertise, so I'm not sure if the terminology I use is necessarily the 'standard'. I'm working off a UNIX system. Please email me direcly, and I will summarize the replies I receive. Thanks in advance.

We are in the process of setting up an analytical data warehouse. All of the data loading (from multiple sources), and analysis is carried out in SAS. The end users are provided with access to the staged data after quite a bit of work (transforms, summations, normalization, etc.) has been carried out on the input data. All of the staged data is kept in one partition where only power users have access rights. All other users will be provided access to another partition with bot SAS and Oracle datasets. There are about 70 million records, this work will be done on a monthly basis, data is stored for the latest 3 months, so speed and space considerations become relevant.

Thank you all in advance. Please post replies direcly to me and I can post a summary later, or send out copies of replies to others with an interest.

Sincerly,
Samir Mishra.